Monday, September 20, 2010

Miss HIN North Carolina


From the October, 2009 issue of Import Tuner Photography by Nick Saglimbeni Remember the old Cracker Jack snacks? You know, the ones with the "toy surprise inside"? How awesome were they? You had a popcorn-slash-peanut treat and hidden treasure, all in one box. I mean sure, you'd usually end up with some lame trinket like a plastic figurine or stick-on tattoo. But every once in a while, you'd get something cool and semi-useful like a whistle, scissors, or magnifying glass (sun-toasted ants, anyone?). Model searches are like Cracker Jacks. You'll get girls of all ethnicities, heights and sizes and you really never know what to expect. And like sifting through a caramel-y box in search of your prize, it's the anticipation of the unknown that makes it exciting . . . which is exactly what happened at our cover casting call at SpoCom. Fifty-plus models came through and second to last was this beauty before you: Bahara Golestani. Residing in Scottsdale, AZ, by way of Moscow, Russia, this Persian princess has been making her way through the HIN scene. With music videos under her belt, and a role in an upcoming movie starring Luke Wilson, you can bet you're going to be seeing much more of Miss Bahara. I think the first time I ever saw you was on our website. You put your pics on our forums, making one of the most viewed posts, ever. What made you decide to do it? I love Import Tuner and I thought to myself, 'you never know, maybe they will decide to shoot you for the cover and give you a call.' But then I didn't hear from you guys! [laughs] But hey, here I am, two years later-thanks to you!
And thanks to SpoCom. How did you get into modeling? Honestly, modeling found me. I never had the confidence to model, so I never really gave it much thought. I actually wanted to be an actress, and growing up, I performed in a lot of school plays. When I was 16, I met a photographer who said that I had a lot of potential. I had my first photoshoot and it was so much fun. From there, modeling just sort of took off and I never stopped. How did the import scene come about? I've always loved import cars so I'd just go to car shows. I was at an HIN show in Arizona, and one of the model coordinators offered me a position as one of the HIN tour models. I was so excited! I got to travel with the crew to almost every city in the U.S. and I even took the title of Miss HIN North Carolina! What's your favorite part of a car show? I've been to so many shows and they're all fun! What is there not to like-hot cars and hot models! Have you done any modeling outside of our scene? I've done lots of fun stuff! I was in the Gym Class Heroes music video Cookie Jar and I'm doing runway for Ed Hardy, to name a few. I'm also in an upcoming film starring Luke Wilson.


0 comments:

Automotive Car. Powered by Blogger.
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More